– St Mary’s Church is open to visitors every day during daylight hours.
– Groups of visitors may arrange to be met and guided at the church (See ‘Visit’ and ‘Contact Us’ pages).
– Every Saturday Mass is celebrated at 5pm. All welcome.
– Four times a year the coffin is raised from beneath the altar (Use the ‘Contact Us’ form to enquire the time).
– April 20 Date of the reinterment in 2002
– August 15 Feast of the Assumption. Bishop Pompallier dedicated the Church in Aotearoa New Zealand under this title.
– December 8 Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Bishop Pompallier dedicated the whole mission to Western Oceania under this title.
– December 20 Date of the death of Bishop Pompallier.
On or about January 13 every year, a gathering of people from Northland and Auckland takes place and a memorial Mass is celebrated. Access is by a 1km road from the main highway 10km north of Kohukohu.
January 8 2017 – 11am
January 14 2018 – 11am